Saturday 21 February 2015

Alcohol Swabs Recalled Because of Bacterial Contamination! Canada and USA


Store Brand Products / Retail Store


Remedy Rx / Remedy Rx
Uniprix (Option+) / Uniprix and PharmaChoice
Life Brand / Shoppers Drug Mart
Equate / Walmart
Personelle / Jean Coutu
Rexall / Katz Group stores (Pharma Plus, Medicine Shoppe etc.)
Exact / Loblaws stores


http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/ahc-asc/media/advisories-avis/_2011/2011_02-...

Look for the name Triad on the box, listed as the manufacturer, or Shandex listed anywhere.

I have been getting injection site infections and thought I had food poisoning recently. I wonder if it was connected. This contaminant can cause both.

I am not happy that I didn't hear about this recall until 6 days after it happened. Why hasn't this been made more public?

No comments:

Post a Comment