Monday 2 February 2015

Test Strips reduced for Type 2 diabetics in Canada!

Have you heard about this?

The number of test strips available to diabetics in Ontario has been reduced, and drastically reduced for anyone not on insulin!!!!

How are people supposed to test a minimum of 5 times a day with only 200 test strips per year?

I usually get 300 test strips a month, I'm on 2 types of insulin, and I will now only get 250 test strips per month.

However, my husband, who had to stop taking metformin for health reasons, will now only get 200 test strips per YEAR! His doctor told him to test at least 5 times a day. Now he can only test once every other day. He'll have to start using some of my test strips, just to keep track.

This STINKS!

And the Canadian Diabetes Association supports it!

I can't believe this!



No comments:

Post a Comment